I think many people, including myself, can find it a bit difficult to decorate the bathroom..
Ideas may seem hard to come by, and the decor from the rest of the house doesn’t seem quite suitable in there.
I got a few easy tips on how to make the bathroom welcoming and modern, that is also easy on the wallet.
I love the good atmosphere and fresh spa feeling in a bathroom, and I get so inspired after visiting nice hotels, restaurants, and spas.
To me, the bathroom is like a personal sanctuary where I can chill out and get some alone time, where all the stress and thoughts disappear.
To create that spa feeling in my white and grey bathroom, I have added some details of wood and green plants to bring in the colors of nature and to bring in warmth, lots of candles, scent and nice products to create a feeling of peace and wellness.
I have invested in some bathbrushes, sponges and nice spa products like sea scrubs and eucalyptus soaps. Very relaxing. The wooden caddy across the bathtub can hold your books, a glass of wine, candles, and soaps and it’s a good way to incorporate decoration.
A little side-table stool makes it feel comfortable and has also a practical purpose to hold your fresh towels, soaps etc.
Bring in a bit of nature to get that spa feeling:)
If you have a small space bathroom, here are some easy tricks to make the room feel larger:
– Lighter colors have the ability to make a room seem larger
– Invest in good lights to open up the room and avoiding any dark corners
– Adding big mirrors gives the illusion of depth in the room
– Avoid shower curtains. Open up the room with glass a door instead
– Think about smart solutions for storage! Pinterest has lots of inspiration and smart ideas.
– Use decorative boxes for all the small stuff laying around and use it as decor
Here is a small shelf unit from IKEA (Hyllis, only 98 NOK!) that I spray painted white.
I feel like its time to put on some chill lounge music and take a dip in a warm bubbly bathtub! (..and try to stay there for more than five minutes before I get restless 😉
Have a lovely day!